The perfect destination for an internship in the UK.
London is one of the most dynamic cities in the world.
Doing an internship in London is an excellent option for interns. 70% of FTSE 100 & 75% of Fortune 500 companies have offices in the capital. London is recognised as one of the world’s leading financial centres for international business and commerce and is one of the “command centres” for the global economy.
At the same time London also offers lots of opportunities for fun. London is reported to attract over 17.4 million international visitors per year and provides something for everyone.
Popular tourist attractions include The London Eye, The Tower of London, Buckingham Palace, and Big Ben.
Harry Potter fans can do a Warner Bros. Studio Tour including stepping inside some of the film’s most iconic sets.
While a visit to Madame Tussauds gives visitors an opportunity to rub shoulders with some of the world’s most famous celebrities.
Shopping in London is some of the best in the world, from high-end department stores such as Harrods and Selfridges, to local markets in Camden and Portobello.
Those looking for a more unusual experience will enjoy the up and coming areas of Shoreditch and Hoxton in East London including Boxpark – a pop up mall for shops, cafes and bars constructed from shipping containers.
Given its vibrant economy, London offers a wide range of internship options for interns looking for an English at Work programme.
Popular sectors include:
- Business Administration
- Digital marketing
- Customer service
- Hospitality and catering
- London is well serviced by Gatwick, Heathrow, Luton and Stansted airports.
- Easyjet regularly flies to Gatwick, Luton and Stansted airports.
- Eurostar train to Kings Cross St Pancreas.
- Coach to London Victoria.
- Homestay accommodation, as well as student residencies and shared flats, are available in London.
- Other options include private lets through services such as gumtree and homestay.com. Competition for flats can be high so it is worth trying to arrange accommodation as soon as possible.
- Additional information is available on request.
I am enjoying a wonderful time in London, the people here are so nice.
My manager included me in important projects right from the beginning. She is a very lovely person. Every day I learn new things and improve my English alongside.
On weekends I try to discover the fascinating streets of London. Step by step I gain a better understanding of the British culture, which I really enjoy.”
Yajung from Switzerland, doing Business Administration Internship in London
Want to discover more cities ?